For less than 5 cents a day, you can become a PTSA member, joining more than 4 million other people who share your interest in issues affecting children.
Everyone—parents, educators, students, and other citizens active in their schools and communities—is invited to join our not-for-profit parent association.
The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Student Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school.
As a member, you are automatically a member of the Washington State PTA and the National PTA, all of which come with benefits such as:
- Inglewood PTSA members automatically receive our weekly newsletter, The Knightly News, so that you can stay informed of school events, PTSA programs, and activities. You also have access to our online membership directory.
- WSPTA partners with businesses to offer discounts for things like school supplies, rental cars, family activities, Sylvan Learning Center, Great Wolf Lodge, and more. For more information on these benefits and discounts, visit the Washington State PTA website
- National PTA also has partnerships to provide deals and discounts to its members. They include AARP, MetLife, Hertz Rental Cars, Quicken Loans, and George Washington University among others. To learn more, visit the National PTA website.
- As a member, you are providing an essential addition to the education and support of our students at the school, community, state, and government levels.
- Learn more about how PTSAs across the state are working hard to advocate for our children in Olympia through the WSPTA Legislative Platform, Focus Day & Advocacy Week, and the annual convention which is open to all members.
But there are many more PTSA advantages:
Get Connected -There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
Discover Great Resources - The PTSA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
Tap into a Network - PTSA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport, and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
Watch Yourself Grow - By volunteering with your PTSA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
Speak Up - PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
Witness Improvement - By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTSAs play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum-based programs and social events.
Be a Role Model - By becoming a PTSA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
Enjoy Substantial Benefits - Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTSA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters, and much more.